You are cordially invited to participate in the V International Conference on Antimicrobial Research - ICAR2018, which will be held
in Torremolinos, Málaga (Spain) from 24 to 25 May 2018.
The ICAR Conference is a forum that has brought together researchers in the antimicrobial field every two
years since 2010. This forum is aimed at communicating current research priorities and progress in the fields of antimicrobial science,
biofilms, antimicrobial resistance, antimicrobial natural products, biocides, and other related fields, as well as inspiring
collaborations for future research.
Some core topics proposed for the conference will include:
- Antimicrobial natural products I - Peptides
- Antimicrobial natural products II - Terrestrial and marine organisms
- Biocontrol. Biosynthesis of antimicrobials
- Antimicrobial materials science and surface chemistry. Antimicrobials in consumer products
- Antimicrobial chemistry
- Non-antibiotic biocides
- Antimicrobial physics
- Clinical and medical microbiology, infectious diseases and antimicrobials. Public health
- Strengthening of innate immune system as antimicrobial strategy
- Antimicrobial resistance. Mechanisms of action of antimicrobial agents
- Attenuation of virulence as antimicrobial strategy
- Techniques and Methods
16 March 2018
23 March 2018
(for oral presentation)
18 April 2018
(for poster and virtual presentation)
27 April 2018
Abstracts must be submitted no later than 23 March 2018 (for oral presentation) and/or 18 April 2018 (for poster and virtual presentation)
You can check the scientific program by clicking here
Would you like to have a look at the abstracts accepted for presentation at the ICAR2016 conference? Click here
Torremolinos is a municipality on the Costa del Sol of the Mediterranean, immediately to the west of the city of Málaga, in the province of Málaga in the autonomous community of Andalusia in southern Spain.
Once a poor fishing village before the growth in tourism began in the late 1950s, Torremolinos was the first of the Costa del Sol resorts to be developed and continues to be the most popular resort in the region in terms of bed occupancy and visitor numbers.